I had pelvic inflammatory disease 3 times and have been trying to conceive for about a year and a half now-do I need to see a Doctor?

Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) can cause certainly cause damage to your fallopian tubes. Your doctor may refer you for some basic investigations of fertility including ovulation testing, and more specific tests to check if the tubes are blocked. The commonest test is a hystero-salpingogram (HSG) which involves a tube being inserted into your cervix and an X-ray (not done under a general anaesthetic) or a laparoscopy & dye, which is usually a same day operation under anaesthetic.
Thursday, 25 July, 2024 Add To Favorites | Make Us Your Start Page




  Site Menu

  Our Sponsors

Home | Ask A Question | Search | Register | Glossary | About Us | Contact Us
© 2006 Pregnancy Questions & Answers