I'm 28 and have had irregular cycles for many years. I was taking birth control for over a year off and on to regulate my cycles. Is there anything else I can take to regulate my periods as I want to get pregnant?

Using the combined oral contraceptive birth control pill does regulate periods-but it stops you producing eggs (ovulating). So if you have very irregular periods and want to get pregnant, you may need specialist investigation by a fertility expert. Simple measures like losing weight if you are overweight may restore a normal cycle; alternatively drugs that stimulate ovulation such as clomiphene (clomid) may be the answer.
Tuesday, 9 March, 2021 Add To Favorites | Make Us Your Start Page




  Site Menu

  Our Sponsors

Home | Ask A Question | Search | Register | Glossary | About Us | Contact Us
© 2006 Pregnancy Questions & Answers