What are my options for care in pregnancy and who do I need to see?

A good place to find out is with your family doctor. Most will offer some maternity care, though not many will be involved in the actual delivery. If you particularly want the care of a certain doctor say for example because they are happy to get involved in home births or because they are female (or male!), then you can register with them just for the duration of the pregnancy. The patterns of care include hospital care only (usually for ''high risk'' pregnancies), family doctor care in conjunction with the obstetricians and midwives at your local hospital (shared care, the commonest type of care); both these types of care usually mean a hospital birth. If you are planning a home delivery then this needs to be arranged with the midwives in your area who will liaise with the director of maternity services at your hospital.
Monday, 23 November, 2020 Add To Favorites | Make Us Your Start Page




  Site Menu

  Our Sponsors

Home | Ask A Question | Search | Register | Glossary | About Us | Contact Us
© 2006 Pregnancy Questions & Answers